For 2012 Submissions
- $2,000 will be awarded for the best short story, which will be published in the fall/winter 2013 issue of Colorado Review.
- This year’s final judge is Jim Shepard; friends and students (current & former) of the judge are not eligible to compete, nor are Colorado State University employees, students, or alumni.
- Entry fee is $15 per story; there is no limit on the number of entries you may submit.
- Stories must be previously unpublished.
- There are no theme restrictions, but stories must be under 50 pages.
- All manuscripts must be typed and double-spaced.
- Contest opens January 1, 2013.
- Deadline is the postmark of March 14, 2013.
- Winner will be announced by July 2013.
- All submissions will be considered for publication.
- You do not need to be a Colorado or US resident to enter.
To submit online:
- The story title and your name, address, phone number, and e-mail address should be entered in the cover letter field, separate from your story. Be sure your name is not anywhere in the story itself (for example, in the header or footer).
- The fee to enter online is $17 ($2 goes to the good people at Submittable; in most cases, it will be less expensive to enter online than by mail).
- Submit here.
To submit via regular mail:
- Include two cover sheets: on the first, print your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and the story title; on the second, print only the story title. Your name should not appear anywhere else on the manuscript.
- Enclose a check for $15 for each story. Checks should be made out to Colorado Review.
- You may submit multiple stories in the same envelope, and the check can be made out for the total.
- Provide SASE for contest results.
- Manuscripts will not be returned. Please do not enclose extra postage for return of manuscript.
- Entries must be clearly addressed to:
9105 Campus Delivery
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523-9105