Submission Guidelines – Online
If you prefer sending your manuscript online, please follow these guidelines
- Manuscripts will be accepted between October 1, 2014, and the postmark deadline of January 14, 2015. The winner will be announced by May 2015.
- The winning book-length collection of poems will be published by the Center for Literary Publishing and distributed by the University Press of Colorado in the fall of 2015. The author receives a $2,000 honorarium.
- To submit online, the entry fee is $28 (the extra $3 goes to the good people at Submittable), which includes a one-year subscription to Colorado Review. Poets with US addresses may opt for either a print or digital subscription. Poets living outside the US will receive digital subscriptions (as long as a valid e-mail address is provided). Please select the appropriate submission portal.
- This year’s final judge is Laura Kasischke. Friends and students (current & former) of the final judge are not eligible to compete.
- Colorado State University employees, students, and alumni are not eligible to compete.
- Manuscripts may consist of poems that have been published, but the manuscript as a whole must be unpublished (this includes self-publishing).
- Into Submittable’s cover letter form, please tell us the manuscript title, your name, address, e-mail address, and phone number. You may supply a bio note here, if you wish, but it is not required. Your name should NOT appear anywhere else in the manuscript.
- Please do not include acknowledgments/publication credits of individual poems.
- Manuscripts may be double- or single-spaced.
- Manuscripts must be at least 48 pages but no more than 100 pages.
- You may enter more than one manuscript. Each manuscript requires the $28 entry fee. If you’d like the additional subscriptions sent to someone other than yourself , include that information in your cover letter. Otherwise, your subscription will be extended by one year for each additional entry.
- The theme and style are both open.
- Authors do NOT need to be residents of Colorado or the United States. (Note, however, that subscriptions can be sent only to US addresses.)
- Poets who submit online will receive contest results via e-mail by May 2015.
- On or after October 1, 2014, please submit here: Submit to Colorado Prize for Poetry
- Questions? Please call us at (970) 491-5449 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org