Submission Guidelines – Online
If you prefer sending your manuscript online, please follow these guidelines
- Manuscripts will be accepted between October 1, 2012, and the postmark deadline of January 14, 2013. The winner will be announced by May 2013.
- The winning book-length collection of poems will be published by the Center for Literary Publishing and distributed by the University Press of Colorado in the fall of 2013. The author receives a $2,000 honorarium.
- To submit online, the entry fee is $28 (the extra $3 goes to the good people at Submishmash), which includes a one-year subscription to Colorado Review (to US addresses only).
- This year’s final judge is Stephen Burt. Friends and students (current & former) of the final judge are not eligible to compete.
- Colorado State University employees, students, and alumni are not eligible to compete.
- Manuscripts may consist of poems that have been published, but the manuscript as a whole must be unpublished.
- Into Submittable’s cover letter form, please tell us the manuscript title, your name, address, e-mail address, and phone number. You may supply a bio note here, if you wish, but it is not required. Your name should NOT appear anywhere else in the manuscript.
- Please do not include acknowledgments/publication credits of individual poems.
- Manuscripts may be double- or single-spaced.
- Manuscripts must be at least 48 pages but no more than 100 pages.
- You may enter more than one manuscript. Each manuscript requires the $28 entry fee. If you’d like the additional subscriptions sent to someone other than yourself (US addresses only), include that information in your cover letter. Otherwise, your subscription will be extended by one year for each additional entry.
- The theme and style are both open.
- Authors do NOT need to be residents of Colorado or the United States. (Note, however, that subscriptions can be sent only to US addresses.)
- Poets who submit online will receive contest results via e-mail by May 2013.
- On or after October 1, 2012, please submit here: Submit to Colorado Prize for Poetry
- Questions? Please call us at (970) 491-5449 or send an e-mail to email@example.com